Arrival in Denmark

CPR number

If your stay in Denmark exceeds 3 months, you need to register at the Citizen Service Office (Borgerservice) closest to you to get a 'CPR number' and a medical insurance card.

Information about what to bring and processing time

Please note that if you are an EU-citizen, you need to go to the regional state administration office (Lyseng Alle 1, 8270 Højbjerg) BEFORE you go the Citizens Service Office.

Fill out and bring an OD1 form (Jane Jamshidi has to fill out part of the form).

When you receive your CPR number, you must inform Jane Jamshidi of the number, and she will then inform the central AU administration so you can get paid.

International Community/International Citizen Service

This is a service for all international employees and their families at AU, providing face-to-face assistance with the various applications required for registration, health card etc. Opening hours: Thursdays 1pm-5pm and Fridays 9am-1pm. Come before 3pm and 11am, respectively, to meet SKAT, Immigration Service, the State Administration and Municipality Services. Located at Nordhavnsgade 4, 8000 Aarhus C. Find out more: